Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Tree Skirt

I've been wanting to make a tree skirt for ages but just haven't had the time. A couple of days ago I came across this small table cloth I've had for a few years and never used. It was stuffed away in the wardrobe out of sight. It actually looks better in the photo.





I'm still not able to sew much after cutting my finger so made it really simple. A no sew tree skirt.
I ironed a piece of fusible interfacing to the center back.




Then I folded it in half twice.






Cut the center corner.




And that's it. With the interfacing on the back it will stop it from fraying and all I have to do is slip it into place before decorating the tree, which I have now done. Quick and easy.




~ Maria ~

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful table cloth and great idea too, but don't you need to cut straight up to the center hole? Maybe you have a very skinny tree that you can slip the trunk into the center hole? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a quick and clever way to make a tree skirt and get the sweet cloth out of the cupboard. I think I have a nice little cloth languishing in one of my cupboards which may make a pretty tree skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty tree skirt! I love the border, did you do the embroidery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a terrific idea and I would never have thought to interface the center opening to prevent fraying!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~