Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Food Glorious Food

This may be the case for some but for me it's a living nightmare. My hatred of cooking is so bad that it stops me from eating a lot of things I should. If it wasn't for hubby I would probably live off cheese and tomato sandwiches, tea and biscuits. LOLLL
Does anyone else feel as I do? or am I alone in my misery. The funny thing is people always compliment my cooking. Yes I can cook just absolutely hate doing it. A complete waste of time. I'd much rather sit here in front of my computer with my cheese and tomato sandwich checking out what people are doing, does that make me nosy? LOLL
Anyway I thought I'd post once in a while some of the things I cook in the hope that it will help me to be a bit more creative when it comes to food.
Last nights meal for example I made Lasagna, salad and coleslaw.


The salad would have just been tossed into a bowl if I wasn't posting it here. LOLLL



The coleslaw I made myself and instead of serving it in a plastic container straight from the friedge I put it into a pretty bowl and made a tomato skin flower to put on top. The leaves are from cucumber skins. I'm impressed myself  LOLLLLL looks like I picked it from the garden.



I'd love to hear from anyone that either loves or hates cooking.

~ Maria ~

7 comments:

  1. I love that tomato rose! I used to love to cook when my daughter and son were little and made everything from scratch too. I made homemade bread, muffins, cakes, cookies, main meals, salads, etc. I even canned tomatoes, fruit and made jam. Now I don't like to cook anymore, but good news is that hubby likes to cook now. He actually is enjoying cooking, which is fine with me. You are no alone not wanting to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who hates cooking you sure do put on a lovely *repast* - everything looks delicious!

    I think part of the problem is that we're cooking every day, sometimes several times a day - it gets old quickly! My husband and kids aren't fussy, but it gets boring to try to come up with new and good dishes - I try a lot of new recipes and they're not always successful *ahem* - the internet is great for finding new ideas, but it's a big waste of time and money when they don't turn out!

    Yesterday I made a dinner that always works out well - bacon and cheddar quiche, strawberry/feta/spinach salad, ravioli soup and homemade banana bread - there were just enough leftovers for one of the kids to pack a delicious lunch for work :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, I cook because we have to eat.
    If I only cooked when I felt like it..we would be super skinny. Or super big from living on fast food ! LOL
    Cooking is not my thing !!
    For company or holidays I don't mind it but the day to day cooking stinks !! LOL
    Your not alone !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who hates cooking you sure did make it look pretty.
    And Tasty.
    I don't mind the cooking so much as I do the clean up and I don't like doing it EVERY day. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate cooking - wish I never had to set foot in a kitchen again. I think it is from so many years of listening to 3 boys say "I hate that." And they each hated something different. I could never please everyone. So now I cook for my husband because that is my duty. But....I would much rather be sewing or painting or knitting!!!!

    Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure know how to make me want something to eat! Of course it is breakfast time here right now, but it looks so good! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loathe cooking and food means zero to me .. I eat out of necessity and eat very few things as I can't digest hardly anything .. I never learned to cook and am not interested in learning .. I do bake though because I love sweets ... I could live on them .. if I weren't so busy looking at the internet I would probably eat more sweets LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~