Thursday, May 31, 2012

A coat for me

I'm in need of a light weight, unlined coat so have decided to stop making bags for a while and make myself some clothes. I can assure you it's not a pretty sight going out with a nice bag on your shoulder wearing a birthday suit. LOLLLL
Making clothes isn't exactly my favourite sewing past time but find it hard to find clothes that I like and that fit well so it's more of a necessity than a labor of love.

This is the pattern I've chosen from a Burda magazine. I won't be making the trousers though. I don't like the pin tucks in them. I'm not even sure if I will like the style of the coat once it's finished. That's the problem with making your own clothes, you can't try them on to see if they suit you.


The magazine is in Turkish but thankfully I don't have to be able to read it to make it.
This is the fabric I wanted to use originally but as I bought the end of roll remnant last year for something else, found it wasn't enough for this project so ended up using another piece I had tucked away. Must have been there at least two years. LOLL


This is as far as I've got so far.


If it looks ok when I'm finished I'll buy some nicer fabric and make another one.
I'll post a photo when I'm done.

~ Maria ~

1 comment:

  1. That's a great coat and the fabric choice is nice too. I know what you mean about how it will look after you make it as you cannot try it on first. Plus clothes always look so good on the models and not all of us look like models! Hope it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~